Rudgormash is moving towards synthesis of science and industry
On February 28, the first meeting of the scientific and technical council was held on the territory of Rudgormash company. This community was organized by Anatoly Nikolayevich Chekmenev, the president of Rudgormash. The council included the members of technical departments of Rudgormash company and the representatives of Voronezh educational institutions, i.e. the teachers of Voronezh State University, Voronezh State Technical University, Voronezh State University of Forestry and Technologies, Voronezh Aviation College named after V.P. Chkalov, Voronezh Polytechnic College, Voronezh State Industrial and Technological College, Voronezh College of Welding and Industrial Technologies, as well as active students.
The main goal of creating this scientific and technical council is the synthesis of science and industry, which includes extensive work in various areas, like:
- technical assessment, review of engineering solutions in design, product reviews;
- engineering solutions and calculations in regards to equipment parts;
- system and product development;
- testing and research on university basis;
- development of new coating technologies, hardening options and the use of various materials;
- Creation of joint laboratories in the territory of the Rudgormash plant;
- targeted training, awards for students, student engineering departments based in universities;
- employment of graduates;
- work in new directions in universities – the creation of new specialties at the request of the region and enterprises.
A number of organizational issues were resolved on the agenda and priority steps were identified. The technical director of Rudgormash Mr Grishin Y.A. was elected a chairman of the council and Vladimir Alekseevich Zhulai, the head of the Department of Construction Equipment and Engineering Mechanics of VSTU, was chosen to be as co-chairman on behalf of science.