The drilling rig SBSH-160/200-40 is designed to drill blast holes of diameters 160; 171; 215 mm with depth up to 40 meters in rocks with hardness of 4-18 units according to prof. Protodyakonov scale at open mines as well as to drill deviated contour holes.
The drilling rig is a self-propelled machine that consist of the crawler mounting unit, the machine room and the mast. A platform with the necessary equipment is mounted on the crawler mounting unit with individual drives for each bogie.
In the front there is a mast situated along the axis of the operating platform. On the lift side there is an operator’s cabin located on anti-vibration shock absorber. The wet or dry system of dust suppression is on the right side of the mast. In the back part of the drill there is a machine room that contains electric and hydraulic drive equipment and a compressor unit.
There are hydraulic leveling jacks attached to the platform in it front (two) and back (one) parts.
The mast is spatial welded construction made of square metal pipes. The front side of the mast is open. This provides easy access to its mechanisms and drilling rods.
Inside the mast there is a separator of carousel type with four drilling rods in it. In the lower part of the mast attached is a rest device and a rod screwing and unscrewing mechanism that consist of lower and upper hydraulic tongs. The inner surface of the mast contains the rack rails along which slides the rotary - feeding mechanism.
The rotary – feeding mechanism consist of a hydraulic motor, reduction unit and elastic clutch and it serves to rotate and feed the drill tool to the face when drilling and to swiftly lower and lift the drill tool during auxiliary operations like screwing and unscrewing of the rods. The rotation unit and the feeding mechanism are placed together in one casing.
The most progressive technologies were applied during the drill design:
-all major metal constructions of the crawler mounting unit, the machine room and the mast are made of highly-alloy steel;
- all the hydraulic components are mobile and manufactured by Bosch Rexroth company;
- all the drives have load safety factor that greatly increases the life cycle of these major units if used at lower modes;
- the motors are cavitation protected even when the drilling rig travels downhill;
- productivity regulation of the main pumps can be done upon customer’s request based on the operations it performs. The power of the actuating motor is diminished due to the optimal use of the regulated pump’s power specifications;
- seamless connections of pipes and high-pressure hoses of foreign manufacturers are applied in the hydraulic system that eliminates the problem of oil leaking;
- modern measuring instruments are used to control the process of drilling;
- all auxiliary operations are automated;
- the track motors switch off during the drill towing;
- optimal center adjustment of the machine with the mast up or down is provided on the drill;
- comfortable conditions are created for the operator to do his work efficiently.
All of this including application of the top feed drive system allows to provide productivity altogether with high reliability of the drill by 30% higher than that of similar types of drills.